Starfield unveiled a giant replace on Monday, formally rolling out DLSS 3 help to PC gamers, varied graphics and efficiency enhancements, the flexibility to eat meals with out choosing it up first, and an entire lot extra.
Bethesda Game Studios had been testing DLSS 3 help in beta for the previous couple of weeks. Update 1.8.86, nevertheless, makes DLSS Super Resolution, Deep Learning Anti-aliasing (DLAA), Nvidia Reflex Low Latency, and DLSS Frame technology accessible to all gamers with suitable Nvidia graphics playing cards, satisfying a long-requested characteristic from PC gamers.
In one other long-awaited addition, the replace additionally provides a “devour” button for meals and drinks, permitting you to eat as quickly as you discover the gadgets in-world or save them for later. Previously, you had to decide up the Chunks, add it to your stock, and then eat it — a far much less handy course of than that of earlier Bethesda RPGs. Now, gamers can eat on sight to their hearts’ content material, saving a good period of time.
Both of those enhancements have been beforehand outlined again in September.
The replace additionally improves the looks of eyes on crowd characters (hopefully addressing that useless eyes subject); provides the flexibility to alter brightness, distinction, and HDR brightness within the show settings menu; and consists of varied stability and efficiency enhancements. It’s additionally adjusted stealth to be “a bit extra forgiving,” addressing one other frequent grievance.
See the complete patch notes under. For extra, take a look at our full walkthrough in addition to our information to the entire ships in Starfield.
NVIDIA DLSS SUPPORT
This replace introduces Nvidia DLSS help for our PC gamers. Compatible Nvidia graphic playing cards can now use DLSS Super Resolution, Deep Learning Anti-aliasing (DLAA), Nvidia Reflex Low Latency, and DLSS Frame technology.
LET THEM EAT!
By in style request, we’ve got added the flexibility to ingest meals and drink gadgets upon discovering them within the surroundings. You can take pleasure in these Chunks instantly or save them for later. The alternative is yours.
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
- Addressed a lot of reminiscence associated points and leaks.
- Added some GPU efficiency optimizations, which can be extra impactful on larger finish playing cards.
- Improved renderer threading mannequin, enhancing CPU utilization most notably on larger finish programs.
- Various stability and efficiency enhancements.
- Added the flexibility to eat the meals positioned on the earth.
- Adjusted stealth to be a bit extra forgiving.
- Fixed a difficulty the place Andreja’s head would keep completely cloaked.
- Fixed a difficulty that might forestall gamers from firing their weapons.
- Fixed points the place some NPC could possibly be seen not sporting garments (Note: This subject could resolve itself over time).
- Fixed a difficulty the place already in-progress ability challenges may cease progressing after reaching the Unity and beginning a brand new sport.
- Fixed a difficulty that might quickly forestall opening the stock or saving after getting into the Unity.
- PC: Fixed a difficulty the place mouse motion could possibly be uneven.
- Fixed a uncommon subject that might trigger the house ship to be misplaced.
- Fixed a difficulty the place the ship companies technician may be lacking.
- Fixed a difficulty the place often the digital camera may shake incorrectly throughout Traveling, Grav Jumping, Docking, or Landing transitions.
- Addressed a difficulty with how ambient occlusion appeared in ultrawide resolutions.
- Optimized preliminary shader compilation that happens on start-up.
- Added the flexibility to alter Brightness and Contrast within the Display Settings menu.
- Added the flexibility to alter HDR Brightness offered that the system helps it. (Xbox & Windows 11 solely).
- Addressed a lot of supplies that might generally current an unintended sample underneath sure situations.
- Fixed varied visible points associated to the brand new FOV slider choices.
- Improved the looks of the eyes on crowd characters.
- Addressed a lot of minor visible points associated to lighting, shadows, terrain, and vegetation.
- PC: Addressed extra visible points associated to DLSS.
- All That Money Can Buy: Fixed a uncommon subject the place gamers couldn’t sit throughout the negotiation with Musgrove.
- Blast Zone: Fixed a difficulty the place the exhausting rocks that want to be cleared out by gamers won’t seem on Ngodup Tate’s land.
- Echoes of the Past: Fixed a difficulty the place the Grylloba Queen may generally not be reachable throughout the goal “Secure the Shuttle Bay”.
- Eye of the Storm: Fixed a difficulty the place gamers’ quest development may probably be blocked due to a lacking docking immediate.
- Grunt Work: Addressed a difficulty the place progress may seem blocked if “Supra et Ultra” was accomplished whereas returning to the Lodge throughout “High Price to Pay”.
- No Sudden Moves: Fixed a difficulty that might forestall the doorway door to the Scow ship from being opened once more.
- Operation Starseed: Fixed a difficulty the place the important thing that’s wanted to exit the ability may generally not be current.
- Sabotage: Fixed a difficulty the place David Barron may probably not be discovered by gamers.
- Short Sighted: Fixed a difficulty the place gamers may not often develop into control-locked whereas talking with Vladimir.
- The Heart of Mars: Fixed a difficulty the place gamers may not find a way to mine the “The Heart of Mars”
Alex Stedman is a Senior News Editor with IGN, overseeing leisure reporting. When she’s not writing or modifying, you’ll find her studying fantasy novels or enjoying Dungeons & Dragons.