The official web site for the Kitarō Tanjō: Gegege no Nazo (Kitarō Birth: The Mystery of Gegege) anime movie unveiled a brand new trailer and visible for the movie on Wednesday. The trailer reveals the movie’s forged.
The predominant forged consists of Toshihiko Seki (heart left in picture above) as Kitarō’s father, who would ultimately change into Medama Oyaji, and Hidenobu Kikuchi (heart proper) as Mizuki, a salaryman who heads to a cursed village below secret orders. Other forged members embrace (clockwise from higher left in outer portion of picture above):
- Atsumi Tanezaki as Sayo, Otome and Katsunori’s daughter
- Yumiko Kobayashi as Tokiya, Kanoko and Kenji’s son
- Tetsu Shiratori as Tokisada Ryūga, the top of the Ryūga household that secretly manipulates politics
- Nobuo Tobita as Tokima, Tokisada’s eldest son
- Yoko Soumi as Otome, Tokisada’s third daughter
- Yuko Minaguchi as Hinoe, Tokisada’s second daughter
- Masaya Matsukaze as Yamada, a journalist that’s chasing after Kitarō’s previous
- Umeka Shouji as Neko Musume (getting back from the TV anime)
- Akira Ishida as Kenji Nagata, Kanoko’s husband
- Rie Kugimiya as Kanoko Nagata, Tokisada’s third daughter
- Kazuhiro Yamaji as Katsunori, Otome’s husband
- Kazuya Nakai as Kōzō, Tokisada’s second son
The movie will open in Japan on November 17.
Gou Koga (Gegege no Kitarō: Nippon Bakuretsu!!, One Piece Episode of Sabo) is directing the movie at Toei Animation, and Hiroyuki Yoshino (Macross Frontier, World Trigger, 13 episodes in 2018 GeGeGe no Kitarō) is writing the screenplay. Touko Yatabe (2018 GeGeGe no Kitarō‘s third ending sequence unit director, Evangelion: 3.0+1.0: Thrice Upon A Time assistant director) is designing the characters.
The movie is a part of 4 “massive initiatives” commemorating the 100-12 months anniversary of Shigeru Mizuki‘s beginning. Mizuki handed away in 2015 at 93 years outdated. Another undertaking is a brand new Akuma Kun anime premiering on Netflix on November 9.
The newest GeGeGe no Kitarō anime — the sixth tv anime incarnation — premiered in April 2018 and changed Dragon Ball Super in the identical timeslot. The present ended its run in March 2020 after 97 episodes. Crunchyroll streamed the sequence because it aired.
The 2018 anime starred Miyuki Sawashiro as Kitarō and Masako Nozawa as Medama Oyaji. Both will reprise roles for the movie, though Nozawa is credited as “Kitarō’s Father” as an alternative of Medama Oyaji.
Mizuki’s manga, which started in 1959 below the title Hakaba Kitarō, has spawned seven tv sequence (together with one Hakaba Kitarō anime), a number of animated films, and two dwell-motion movies. The tales heart on an inhuman boy who straddles the road between the human and supernatural worlds.